Energy Trust of Oregon is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to energy efficiency and renewable energy development. We serve Oregon customers of Portland General Electric, Pacific Power, NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas, Avista and SW Washington customers of NW Natural. In 2018, Energy Trust was recognized as one of the 100 Best Nonprofits to Work for in Oregon.
Energy Trust is committed to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create a culturally attentive organization by reaching out to diverse candidates who will contribute a range of perspectives, experiences, skills and ideas to how we work, our programs and our services to best serve, reach and reflect the rich diversity of the customers we serve.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
This position will assume responsibilities to implement and project manage an array of complex and innovative strategic energy management projects within Energy Trust’s Programs group. The position will direct contractors and coordinate marketing, accounting, reporting and evaluation processes. He/she will also provide technical management support and review of customer reports, savings models and other analyses, apply results of evaluations, and implement promotional and outreach strategies in coordination with other Energy Trust programs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support tracking and managing a budget of $2 – $3 million/year designed to deliver significant energy savings to meet Energy Trust goals.
- Review and evaluate multiple and individual projects and make recommendations for approval, changes or rejection
- Direct contractors and manage implementation and field efforts under the supervision of the Sr. Project Manager.
- Coordinate all aspects of project implementation applying best practices for project management and quality assurance, ensuring efforts meet internal and external financial, audit, evaluation and public communication requirements
- Provide development and implementation assistance for new program activities
- Respond promptly and professionally to inquiries from contractors and customers, providing technical assistance, problem solving and positive resolutions
- Represent Energy Trust’s program offerings and initiatives in public settings to customers, contractors and stakeholder audiences
- Communicate results, identify areas of improvement and get buy-in for changes
- Develop and apply systems for tracking progress and results
- Maintain accurate and organized records of project information
- Manage program activity to stay within budget and meet program goals
- Support Senior Project Manager in developing annual budgets
- Perform all job functions in a safe manner
This position will direct the work of external contractors
- Bachelors degree (engineering, science, economics, finance, business or environmental science preferred) or equivalent – preferred
- Minimum two years of professional experience in project evaluation, project management, technical customer support or building science expertise
- A working understanding of energy project development, program delivery or the ability to translate skills to such
- Skills to be able to perform project management and documentation
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Ability to work independently
- Professional, concise written and verbal communication skills. Maintain proactive and effective communication with leadership in all projects as assigned
- Must be self-motivated and able to prioritize multiple time-sensitive tasks to ensure deadlines are met
- Customer service skills and experience. Must be able to interact with a diverse workforce and be comfortable working in culturally diverse settings and groups.
- Public speaking experience required
- Strong technical aptitude
- Successful experience working within multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to direct or work with contractors
- Ability to learn complex tracking software
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word software applications
The above information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
- Salary commensurate with skill and experience.
- Competitive benefits package.
- Applications accepted until position is filled.
Qualified individuals please submit cover letter, resume and application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attn: Project Manager – Industrial & Agriculture
Energy Trust of Oregon is an equal opportunity employer that highly values diversity and inclusion in the workplace.