At MEEA, we leverage our unique position as the Midwest’s key champion and trusted information resource on energy efficiency policies and programs to help our members and stakeholders identify, understand and implement cost-effective energy efficiency strategies that provide economic and environmental benefits.
As a collaborative network and an influential membership organization spanning thirteen states, we provide a professional forum where energy providers, policymakers, implementers, manufacturers, advocates, and other stakeholders can make connections, seek advice and learn about energy efficiency. With our dynamic annual conference, MEEA plays an important role in forging partnerships, promoting new technologies and curating the evolving conversation around economic sustainability and environmental stewardship from energy efficiency.
MEEA is seeking a Director of Programs to be located in its Chicago, IL office. The Director is responsible for the management of all MEEA’s program initiatives and is a member of MEEA’s Senior Leadership Team. The Director of Programs is the strategic leader interfacing with MEEA’s current and potential program sponsors as well as overseeing MEEA’s program design and administration for contracted utility, state and local energy efficiency programs. The Director of Programs will also have the opportunity to identify and evaluate new technologies, potential programs and areas of interest. The responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee and manage MEEA’s program staff
- Work with other directors to develop and attain MEEA’s program vision and goals
- Manage existing program portfolio of over $3.5 million and work with program staff to develop new opportunities
- Represent MEEA in meetings, conferences and events and develop and maintain working relationships with potential sponsors, mainly utilities and government agencies
- Be a strategic thinker to design and secure sponsorship of new potential programs
- Be a technical resource for programmatic information and technical questions from Members and program sponsors
- Report to Executive Director, work closely with MEEA’s Board and lead MEEA’s Program Committee
- Manage MEEA’s programs grants and contracts, ensuring compliance and accurate reporting
- Manage Midwest collaboratives on advanced lighting, home performance and market transformation and establish regional collaboratives to address member needs
- Responsible for developing MEEA Program budgets and achieving financial targets
- Work collaboratively with MEEA leadership to fulfil MEEA mission and vision and achieve strategic goals
The successful candidate should have broad knowledge of energy efficiency policies, programs and technologies, excellent communications, organization and networking skills, and ability to work collaboratively as well as independently. The specific qualifications desired include:
- Minimum 7 years’ experience working on energy programs preferably for a utility, state energy office or contractor organization
- Broad technical knowledge and ability to communicate to key stakeholders required
- Management experience required
- Experience with program design, reporting and administration required
- Demonstrated understanding of the efficiency marketplace and major players in the Midwest
- Self-starter with ability to work on multiple projects
- Commitment and passion for energy efficiency and collaboration
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental management, engineering, economics or applicable field. Master’s degree is desired.
- Green certifications are a plus
- Position requires travel, approximately 20% of the time
- This position requires a pre-employment background check, including drug test. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of this screening.
The compensation for this position will be commensurate with experience.
Civic Opera Building
20 N Wacker Dr.
Chicago, IL 60606
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Program Director” by February 1, 2019. Candidates considered for interviews will be asked to provide writing samples and three references. No phone calls please.
MEEA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination with regard to race, sex, gender, color, age, religion, creed, class, sexual orientation, national origin, and disability.