PG&E is seeking hiring for a Senior Strategic Analyst to join the Energy Efficiency (EE) Evaluation, Measurement, and Verification (EM&V) team to share in our drive for success as we transition to a new focus on ensuring the evaluability and continuous monitoring and improvement of PG&E’s third-party implemented Energy Efficiency programs. It is through these programs that PG&E can provide customers with world-class energy management products and services, and contribute to the success of California in meeting its aggressive GHG reduction goals.
This Senior Analyst position on PG&E’s EE EM&V team will be a great fit for an inquisitive mind who wants to apply evaluation methods, data analytics, and critical thinking in support of successful and cost-effective EE programs.
EM&V work is often time-sensitive and involves collaborating with many different program implementers and a variety of EE stakeholders, both internal and external to PG&E. This position will enable you to demonstrate your technical expertise in evaluation methods (e.g. experimental methods like RCT, and quasi-experimental methods like propensity score matching), data analysis, interpretation, and applied planning, as well as your strong communication skills as you provide evaluation guidance and data-driven insights to third-party implementers and internal clients in the EE Programs and Products teams. Your strong communication and analytical skills will be invaluable as you represent PG&E to work collaboratively with the varied stakeholders involved in making third-party implementation of EE a success in California.
- Bachelor's degree in social sciences, economics, statistics, mathematics, finance, business, public policy, sociology, or physical sciences (e.g. engineering, physics) or other related disciplines or equivalent related work experience
- 4 years of qualitative/quantitative research, data analysis and interpretation, and/or program evaluation experience
- Advanced degree in social sciences, economics, statistics, mathematics, business, public policy or physical sciences (e.g. engineering, physics) or other related fields or equivalent related work experience
- 5 years of research methodology and data interpretation experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in research methodologies, applied statistics, regression analysis, manipulating large multi-variable data sets, and sampling theory
- Experience with statistical programming software such as Python, R, and Strata
- Experience designing and managing research studies
- Previous Demand Side Management program or program evaluation experience
- Familiarity with using experimental (i.e. RCT and variations of randomization) and quasi-experimental (i.e. statistical matching such as propensity score matching) methods for the purposes of program evaluation
- Working knowledge of California's Energy Efficiency regulatory framework and Measurement and Evaluation Protocols
- Experience preparing RFPs, and drafting and/or reviewing research proposals
- Ability to collaborate and drive consensus amongst a variety of internal/external customers
- Strong sense of accountability and a customer-service orientation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey complex information clearly, concisely, and effectively
- Intellectual curiosity, strategic thinking, and flexibility in rapidly shifting environments
- Identify and apply appropriate evaluation and analytical methods to reliably evaluate the performance of EE programs being implemented by third-party vendors
- Work collaboratively with EE Program clients and third-party implementation vendors to promote program design and execution that facilitates accurate data reporting and reliable program evaluation
- Analyze program data sets to identify errors or inconsistencies; communicate findings and implications
- Assist with the development, management and coordination of program evaluation studies involving EE Billing Analysis and other standard evaluation methods
- Work collaboratively with other analysts in the group along with product and program managers to identify, thoroughly understand and then solve strategic and tactical business and operation questions.
- Build strong working relationships with Programs and Product Managers; engage with them to assess their information needs, and design research to meet those needs.
- Maintain current knowledge of sector-relevant research and results and synthesize the information to share with Products and Programs teams.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and constructively comment on research plans, sampling plans, study materials, draft reports, and other technical documents.
- Work collaboratively and build credibility with CPUC staff, IOU evaluation colleagues, and other stakeholders in the EE evaluation process.
- Effectively communicate research activities and findings to colleagues, CPUC staff, and stakeholders in writing and via phone, group meetings, presentations, and one-on-one meetings.
- Clearly articulate recommendations and findings in both written and oral communications both internally and externally and to functional management.
- Develop analytic tools including complex econometric modeling, forecasting, data analysis and evaluation to meet customer needs and company business objectives and in support of regulatory directives and strategies.
- Examine alternate solutions to a problem, effectively troubleshoot various issues and analysis, and provide findings and recommendations for internal clients and external stakeholders.
- Prepare analytic support for regulatory filings.
- Support preparation of testimony on complex analyses and policy issues.
- Work with other utilities and industry groups in the development of new and innovative data models, research, etc. to support strategy and planning at PG&E
To apply for this position, please click on the following link: