SPEER, the South-central Partnership for Energy Efficiency as a Resource, is a small but growing educational not-for-profit organization. SPEER is one of six regional energy efficiency organizations (REEOs) recognized by the US Department of Energy. SPEER’s mission is to accelerate the adoption of advanced building systems and energy efficient products and services in the South-central US. Our purpose is to advance the understanding and adoption of energy efficiency as a low-cost energy resource, and to design, implement, coordinate, and support regional projects to promote high energy performance and clean distributed energy in the built environment.
GENERAL SKILLS SUMMARY
SPEER’s success is dependent on careful communications, proactive outreach, and active engagement with diverse groups. The organization is looking for self-starters who have experience in energy efficiency, air quality, city planning, or energy markets. SPEER provides this career opportunity for a motivated individual who:
- Supports the organizational leadership, goals, objectives and programs.
- Leads solution development and exploring opportunities to further our mission.
- Represents SPEER in local, regional, and national energy forums designed to further energy and water efficiency.
- Maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders including elected officials, government agencies, equipment manufacturers, and trade allies.
- Continually seeks opportunities to promote and fulfill the organizations mission.
- Is self-motivated and demonstrates honesty and integrity.
- Has the vision to take this organization to the next level and enjoys public engagement.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES
The person that will best fit this job will be thoughtful and analytical, energetic and motivated, organized and articulate, with:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a related area.
- Knowledgeable about energy policy, water policy, energy efficiency, demand response, and other regulatory issues.
- Five or more years in management experience in non-profit, government, or business setting.
- Outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including effective public speaking, writing, and an ability to engage with and motivate people.
- Ability to network effectively and build relationships with members, funders, potential members and funders, as well as the communities within our region.
- Research and analysis experience.
Master’s degree in Business, Engineering, Public Administration, Public Policy or relevant field preferred; or Bachelor’s degree plus equivalent work experience.
LOCATION AND SALARY
This position is based in the SPEER office in Austin, Texas. Potentially 20% time will be required for travel in the region. Occasional trips out of the region will be required. Salary is commensurate with experience. SPEER is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HOW TO APPLY: All qualified candidates may apply by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.