VEIC and the Efficiency Smart (ES) team has an opportunity for an Account Manager to join our team of energy efficiency professionals! This position will serve retail and business customers in the state of Delaware by providing ES offerings and acting as the primary point of contact in communicating initiatives and program results to municipal utility clients. We welcome interested candidates that possess the interpersonal skills to motivate customers to adopt energy saving technologies while meeting the customers’ goals and objectives. Candidates with a CEM, BEP, or experience that would provide similar knowledge are preferred.
This position will be based out of a home office and preferably located in the state of Delaware to best serve the customer base. Please visit www.veic.org/careers to apply.
- Achieve energy and demand savings goals throughout a customer base of core accounts and non-engaged businesses.
- Develop dynamic relationships with municipal government and utility leadership as primary contact for all ES program offerings as well as identify opportunities within municipal facilities and work with Energy Consultants and other VEIC staff to ensure their timely completion.
- Develop strategic relationships at senior and other levels within customer base to become a trusted and valued business resource.
- Understand all ES offerings and act as the primary point of contact in communicating initiatives and program results to municipal utility clients.
- Document and implement strategic account plans for core customers and orchestrate with other ES and VEIC staff to execute plans and maximize savings.
- Identify opportunities within customer and prospective customer base and collaborate with Energy Consultants and other VEIC and sub-contractor staff to ensure their timely completion.
- Identify and keep current with industry, business and market trends to understand their impact on customers’ business.
- Develop expertise in one or more market or customer segments and work with Market Planning and Strategy to develop and implement initiatives that respond to specific business needs.
- Serve as the voice of the customer by collaborating with marketing, policy and business development efforts to ensure that products and services offered by ES address market needs.
- Participate in ongoing individual and team training and provide peer coaching to other Account Managers, Energy Consultants, and other VEIC staff to enhance skills.
- Ensure successful and consistent progress toward stated goals and objectives of the Account Management Group.
- Participate in Efficiency Smart outreach events as necessary.
- Strong personal commitment to the mission, vision, goals and values of VEIC.
- Bachelor’s degree and five years’ experience utilizing a consultative customer management approach in a business to business energy or professional services field or a combination of education and experience in a related field that demonstrates comparable knowledge and skills.
- CEM or BEP certification is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver expected results within core accounts or new business accounts.
- Strong financial, technical and business knowledge and skills, including the ability to understand the economic and political dynamics of high profile customers.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the economic and business dynamics of assigned accounts, as well as the potential political and strategic sensitivity of their actions within the marketplace and regulatory arena.
- Strong interpersonal skills including in the ability to communicate effectively and build strong business relationships. High degree of professionalism, maturity and a polished demeanor.
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with contact management, word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
- Ability to handle competing priorities and proven ability to be organized, detail-oriented and accurate.