VEIC and the Efficiency Smart (ES) team has an opportunity for an Energy Consultant to join our team of energy efficiency professionals! This position will serve business customers in the state of Delaware by identifying and advising on energy efficiency improvements in commercial, industrial, institutional and multifamily facilities. This position will bring technical expertise and performs a wide range of analysis, including complex energy analyses, analyzes fuel and utility bills, estimates savings and costs, provides financial analysis, screens measures and provides technical assistance and prepares a written report with energy efficiency upgrade recommendations for customers.
This position will be based out of a home office and preferably located in the state of Delaware to best serve the customer base. Please visit www.veic.org/careers to apply.
- Works with and maintains relationships with customers, including but not limited to, several high-profile key players, including Account Managed business customers and facility operators, as well as architects, engineers, vendors, trade allies and other relevant players. Effectively promotes the installation of cost-effective efficiency improvements in customers' future and existing buildings and facilities and creatively overcomes barriers to installation.
- Performs wide range of analysis, including complex energy analyses, analyzes fuel and utility bills, estimates savings and costs, provides financial analysis, screens measures and provides technical assistance and prepares a written report with energy efficiency upgrade recommendations for customers. Oversees and takes responsibility for subcontractor analyses when appropriate.
- Adopts and applies knowledge in work with customers regarding new technical products, process improvements, and substantial technological opportunities. Takes an active role in identifying new products and/or approaches and supporting others in adopting them for our work.
- Works with internal team members and customers to determine, present, and negotiate the appropriate incentives in the context of a well-articulated/documented strategic customer approach.
- Excels at customer relations and persuading customers to make investments in energy efficiency. Identifies and prioritizes site specific project needs and opportunities, develops customer relationships, manages Customer expectations, and inspects installed measures. Efforts consistently result in repeat business.
- Builds and maintains relationships with customer decision makers and implementation staff to maximize energy savings goals.
- Maintains accurate and timely project records and documentation within database system and in hard copy files.
- Supports and collaborates with other VEIC staff to deliver market-based services. For example: supporting business development efforts, assist with development of training for clients and internal staff, researching new products, technologies, and better ways of doing things. Provides input into development or modification of services.
- Communicates with customers to ensure their expectations are met and their continued satisfaction with Efficiency Smart services, while persuading them to adopt additional energy efficiency recommendations on a consistent basis.
- When required, develops project specifications, solicits contractor submittals and participates in pre-bid meetings for (but not limited to) moderate and complex projects.
- Provides mentorship and technical guidance to less experienced staff.
- Develops and implements written strategic project plans as needed for efficient and effective project delivery. Communicates and confirms value of services delivered on a project basis with customer.
- Provides support to the activities of VEIC as necessary to accomplish organizational goals and objectives.
- Strong personal commitment to the mission, vision, goals and values of VEIC.
- Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical or electrical engineering, environmental science, related field and/or CEM preferred (or work experience demonstrably resulting in sufficient technical knowledge level), plus a minimum of five years analyzing energy use, identifying opportunities for energy improvements, and assisting customers, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Strong understanding of buildings, facilities and/or manufacturing systems, building energy use, building construction, and energy analysis techniques. Experience with large scale commercial/industrial a plus.
- Demonstrated and applied understanding of negotiation skills, financial analysis and business strategies.
- Demonstrated success in handling multiple concurrent projects as it relates to project management, construction management and/or building long-term customer relationships.
- Experienced with spreadsheet, word processing, computer-based analysis tools and modeling software.
- Knowledge of relevant codes and standards and fully competent both internally and externally in one or several areas of expertise.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to apply within a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be organized, detail-oriented, accurate, and independently handle multiple moderate size and complex projects and competing priorities in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Able to quickly adapt with minimal coaching to new situations, processes and innovation; ability to adapt style to meet the needs of individuals and/or the organization.