Apply online at: https://icast.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=47
Company Description: ICAST (International Center for Appropriate & Sustainable Technology) is a local non‐profit organization working to address climate change and affordable housing issues by installing clean energy solutions in multifamily housing. Our projects foster economic viability, environmental stewardship, and social responsibility in under‐served communities in Colorado, New Mexico, and Utah. Our vision is to scale nationally.
Position Overview: Purchasing Agent conducts the following purchasing procedures: bid evaluation, negotiation between vendors, contractor selection, and contract documentation. This position manages all contracts, work orders, purchase orders and expense controls, evaluate subcontractor performance with the ultimate goal of securing the best value at a fair and reasonable cost. Supported by corporate operations, this person must have a thorough working knowledge of quality cost estimation, value engineering, and negotiating skills.
• Provide accurate and timely local supplier negotiations and contracting based on defined category selection criteria (i.e., cost, quality, productivity, service)
• Manage supplier performance (i.e., cost, quality, productivity, service)
• Manage and execute contract agreements consistent with Sow guidelines
• Communicate completed estimates to the construction personnel, trade subcontractors and vendors
• Solicit bids
• Pre-qualify subcontractors
• Maintain and update current budgets
• Spread revised bids and obtain approval for any price increases
• Develops specifications for bidding purposes.
• Reviews construction documents, plans, and specifications to identify and implement cost savings opportunities.
• Must be able to multi task and meet deadlines, high level of organization required.
• Need to possess strong communication and problem solving skills with the ability to negotiate contracts
• Must have strong mathematical and statistical aptitude.
Education: Bachelor's Degree preferred, experience may be considered in lieu of education
MUST HAVE Experience:
• 3+ years of experience in procurement and/or estimating the homebuilding field, preferably multi-family homes.
Compensation: $45,000 - $50,000 annual salary plus opportunity for performance bonus