Apply online at: https://icast.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=29
Position Title: Building Design Services Engineer
Areas of Expertise: Multifamily Building Design and Services
Skill Level: Intermediate
Company Description: ICAST (International Center for Appropriate & Sustainable Technology) is a national non‐profit organization working to address affordable housing, climate change and community development issues using clean energy solutions. ICAST is focused on upgrading the efficiency of multifamily affordable housing.
Multifamily Apartment buildings are huge consumers of materials and energy. A key focus for the Building Engineer is to help our customers design and build properties that minimize energy consumption and improve the health, comfort and safety of its tenants.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Help with the design and install of some of the key elements of a building such as HVAC, DHW, lighting, etc. Work collaboratively with architects and other construction professionals who are part of the customers design team, to produce an efficient multifamily building.
- Be involved during the early stages of building design to influence the energy consumption of the multifamily buildings.
- Some computer modeling and simulation of buildings may be required but primary emphasis will be on reading design drawings and recommending specifications of higher efficiency equipment to the design team.
- Researching new technologies and keep up to date with new products that enhance efficiency.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Civil or Architectural Engineering degree or in a related field
- Residential and commercial Building design and service experience
- Strong building science expertise
- HVAC system design and/or Building Control design experience
- Analytical skills and enjoy problem-solving with innovative solutions
- Team player and strong communication skills
- Customer service skills
Compensation: $60,000/year +/- DOE