The Multifamily Program Coordinator assists in and manages portions of the implementation of energy efficiency projects which impact multifamily affordable housing properties across the state of Colorado. We look to this position as a key contributor to the success of EOC’s energy efficiency programs. This position reports to the Multifamily Program manager.
Employment Type: Full-Time Employment
Location: Downtown Denver, Colorado
Salary: $42-$50K/year depending on qualifications
Major Responsibilities: Overall program coordination and management support of the Multifamily Program including but not limited to:
- Scheduling and leading building assessments
- Contractor bid review and necessary follow up
- Preparation and submission of rebate application materials
- Preparation, negotiation and implementation of construction contracts
- Scheduling and performing project inspections
As further detailed below:
- Responsible for project management throughout all phases of project timeline.
- Lead building assessments and energy audits in multifamily properties to improve efficient use of energy. Use working knowledge of building science to identify potential HVAC, envelope, lighting, appliance and automatic controls system upgrades.
- Prepare rebate applications for submittal to utilities
- Perform outreach to property owners and operators to recruit projects to meet annual savings goals.
- Gather and review contractor bids for energy efficiency projects. Work with contractors on bid revisions.
- Determine project rebate funding awards based on forecasted annual budget and goals. Work with program manager to determine how to balance funding sources and owner contributions so that annual goals and program efficiency are maintained.
- Prepare, negotiate and execute contracts for all projects.
- Perform electric and gas savings calculations for proposed equipment as needed.
- Process all vendor invoices and track program expenses.
- Inspect measures after project completion to ensure program compliance and quality assurance. Engage training opportunities between vendors, manufacturer representatives and maintenance staff.
- Create final project reports and update database and tracking spreadsheets to track measure implementations.
- Understand, interpret and comply with applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations of all EOC energy efficiency programs.
- Create and manage project workflow for multifamily program assistant
- Act as primary point of contact for program information and all external inquiries.
- Knowledge of common energy efficiency measures including lighting, HVAC, appliance replacement, insulation, etc.
- A degree or certification related to energy efficiency (BPI, CEM etc.) or equivalent job experience (preferred)
- Experience in utility DSM programs (preferred)
- Ability to set and track project implementation schedules, and to prioritize and meet goals under strict deadlines and changing priorities
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability explain technical information in a concise manner that can be understood by diverse constituents
- Experience in project management and working with contractors
- Must be process oriented but also adaptable to changing priorities
- Must be able to work independently and be self-directed but also be team oriented
- Have excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Be discrete and conscious of client privacy and act responsibly with sensitive information
- Experience in the nonprofit world (preferred)
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Must pass a background check
- Positive and proactive attitude and commitment to the mission of EOC
- Required: Candidate must have daily access to a reliable vehicle and be willing to drive to site visits
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit the following documents to Jobs@energyoutreach.org:
- Resume – No more than two pages
- Cover Letter addressing the following questions:
- Why do you want this job?
- What are your top strengths that will allow you to fulfill the job duties and responsibilities?
- One or more work samples that illustrate your technical writing skills (energy audit, reports, grants, thesis, etc.)
- Contact information for least two professional references
Application Deadline: Applications will be reviewed as we receive them. Position open until filled
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance covered at 100% for employee
- 401k with 8% of salary contributed by EOC with no required match
- Dedicated parking space downtown
- Start at 3 weeks of paid vacation per year