The Marketing and Outreach Coordinator works to collaborate with program staff to determine the best way to provide outreach and customer participation in EOC’s energy efficiency and renewable energy programs. A successful candidate will be charged with developing engaging marketing campaigns that will reach the target audience for each program and inspire an increase in participation and retention. An element of this position is to enroll in programs sponsored by EOC, utilities, or third parties that help families reduce their energy bills and environmental impact.
Key Outreach Activities:
- Community events - tabling, material delivery, outreach coordination, etc. promoting energy assistance, energy efficiency, and renewable energy programs
- Collaborate with program team on a regular basis and create strategies to increase awareness of energy programs
- Support our utility partners’ programs that engage small communities’ efforts to reduce energy usage
- Engage previous participants to ensure EOC and its programs are front of mind when considering an energy project
- Create outreach/marketing strategies for each efficiency and renewable energy program
- Implement outreach/marketing strategies that reduce outsourcing needs of programs
- Support the communications department to develop program outreach and marketing materials
- Create renewable program outreach and intake process to subscribe low income families to clean energy resources
- Manage utility’s solar subscription database management system
- Manage subscriber participant relations in all steps of the renewable energy process that includes outreach to subscribers, communication of program expectations/rules, subscription management, renewable energy bill credits, and creating waitlist of eligible solar subscribers
- Identify opportunities for partnerships throughout the state
- Deliver energy affordability and low income energy consumer charrettes to interested stakeholders
- Develop strategy for effective client referral to all energy support programs
- Monitor state and utility renewable energy policy
- Engage interested partners about solar program funding/partnership management
- Assist with strategic partnership planning
- Focus on programs and community-based outcomes
- Assist in tracking program expenses including processing invoices associated with renewable energy program
- Update database to track energy efficiency measure implementation and create final project reports
- Inspect energy efficiency measures after project completion to ensure program compliance and quality assurance
- Understand, interpret and comply with applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations of all EOC energy efficiency programs
- Experience in marketing programs and services, preferably in an energy related position
- Experience with administration and/or marketing of statewide or municipal solar or energy-related programs
- Experience with database management
- Must be able to work independently, and as a member of a team.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must have focus and attention to detail.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to work closely with Project Management staff.
- Must have excellent Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe skills.
- Must be discrete and conscious of client privacy.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
- Must pass a background check.
- Experience in residential energy efficiency or renewable programs, consumer outreach programs, commercial construction, or building/facility management.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, and passionate and enthusiastic outreach experience to drive our community education and activation efforts through person-to-person tactics like door to door canvassing and event tabling.
- A stellar verbal communicator with infectious enthusiasm who shares our vision for a more affordable and clean energy world.
- Ability to set and track project implementation schedules, and to prioritize and meet goals under strict deadlines and changing priorities
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to condense and explain technical information in a concise manner that can be understood by diverse constituents such as nonprofits, affordable housing providers, and contractors
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Required: Candidate must have daily access to a reliable vehicle and be willing to drive to site visits
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit the following documents to Jobs@energyoutreach.org:
- Resume – No more than two pages
- Cover Letter addressing the following questions:
- Why do you want this job?
- What are your top strengths that will allow you to fulfill the job duties and responsibilities?
- Salary requirements
- One or more work samples that illustrate your technical writing skills (energy audit, reports, grants, thesis, etc.)
- Contact information for least two professional references
Employment Type: Full-Time Employment
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance covered at 100% for employee
- 401k with 8% of salary contributed by EOC with no required match
- Dedicated parking space downtown, or RTD bus/light rail pass
- Start at 3 weeks of paid vacation per year
Salary: $42-$50K/year depending on qualifications