Dunsky Energy Consulting provides strategic analysis and counsel in the areas of energy efficiency, demand-side renewable energy and sustainable mobility. Based in Montreal, we support our clients across North America through three key services: we assess opportunities (technical, economic and market), design strategies (programs, policies and regulatory) and evaluate performance.
Working at the nexus of management consulting and clean energy, we are looking for an individual who is well-organized, able to clearly communicate concepts and build relationships, and has the experience and proven ability to successfully manage projects of a technical or strategic nature.
Required skills & experience:
• Knowledge of demand-side energy resource measures, programs or policies;
• Fundamental understanding of technical issues, economics and/or markets as they pertain to demand-side energy resources; and
• Proven analytical skills.
• Demonstrable experience in (or skill for) understanding client needs, asking the right questions, synthesizing complex information and devising actionable recommendations;
• Superior ability to develop and structure logical arguments and analysis; and
• Demonstrated project management experience and/or skills.
• Fully bilingual (French and English);
• Superior writing, presentation and communication skills; and
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with clients and within a team of bright and committed people.
• Significant experience planning, designing and/or evaluating energy efficiency (and other demand-side energy resource) programs or policies;
• Particular strengths in building science, statistical analysis, and/or policy and strategic thinking skills;
• French language capabilities, including writing; and
• Motivation to contribute to building a better world.
Our ideal candidate would work out of our Montreal office; however, we are open to considering candidates who would work remotely from another North American location.
At Dunsky, our Consultants (generally a minimum of 5 years of experience) contribute to projects for clients across Canada and the U.S., and advise key decision-makers and influencers on sustainable energy strategies.
Specifically, Consultants manage small projects or tasks within larger projects, both with minimal supervision. Consultants independently develop methodologies, perform general analysis and interpretation, and prepare reports for their projects or tasks. They are also expected to contribute to solving technical research problems and handle multiple tasks on different projects. Finally, consultants play a role in managing client relationships and assist in business development.
Engage in work that aligns with your values: As a mission-driven firm and a registered “B Corp”, our work is driven by our commitment to sustainability and equitable team work.
Be part of the on-going energy transition: We work diligently at accelerating the transition to market adoption of sustainable energy solutions. Our team makes it a priority to be at the leading edge of change, and is not shy to look outside the box and bring innovative solutions forward.
Work within a dynamic and welcoming team: We place a great deal of importance on offering our team the chance to grow and lead fulfilling lives both at work, and at home. We believe that how we work together is as important as the work we do.
We offer competitive salaries and a range of employee benefits including flexible hours, summer schedules, annual bonuses, group health and dental insurance, discounts on public transit and bikeshare, and more. Our office is located in a LEED™ Platinum building, in the heart of Montreal, designed as a test bed for sustainable technologies and practices.
We are also committed to offer our team professional development and learning opportunities, and we do our best to offer our staff experience in a diversity of projects that may interest them.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to apply through our website at http://dunsky.com/opportunities/consultant-ee/ and attach their C.V., cover letter, and relevant writing samples (if available) to the application form. In your cover letter, give us a sense of who you are by being honest, creative, and “yourself”. In the body of your email, please indicate the ending salary at your two most recent positions, and a possible start date. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.