Energy Trust of Oregon is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to energy efficiency and renewable energy development. We serve Oregon customers of Portland General Electric, Pacific Power, NW Natural and Cascade Natural Gas, and Avista and SW Washington customers of NW Natural. In 2017, Energy Trust was recognized as one of the 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon.
Energy Trust is committed to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create a culturally attentive organization by reaching out to diverse candidates who will contribute a range of perspectives, experiences, skills and ideas to how we work, our programs and our services to best serve, reach and reflect the rich diversity of the customers we serve.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
The Senior Administrative Assistant directly supports the work of the Executive Director by providing time management and office administration assistance, including scheduling, booking meetings and trainings, tracking meeting preparation, preparing information and materials, prioritizing and tracking the status of multiple tasks and requests, and responding to or redirecting inquiries or requests when the Executive Director is unavailable. This position contributes to special projects and teamwork throughout the organization and provides a variety of organizational support as needed.
The Senior Administrative Assistant also serves as a backup resource to the Office Manager and will support some front desk and facilities maintenance in the Office Manager’s absence. The Senior Administrative Assistant participates in and contributes to cross-organizational projects and initiatives, participating as a team member and assuming autonomous roles and responsibilities related to administrative assistance.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide calendar support to the Executive Director by scheduling meetings between the Executive Director, other Energy Trust staff, Board members, the OPUC, utilities, and other stakeholders.
- Provide administrative assistance to the Executive Director, including telephone, e-mail, technical support, mail, filing, routine correspondence, travel arrangements, expense reconciliation, and preparing meeting rooms.
- Anticipate and organize information for the Executive Director pertaining to upcoming meetings and appointments, telephone calls, conferences, and correspondence.
- Coordinate Executive Director regional and customer event attendance scheduling, logistics support and materials preparation with outreach staff in Communications & Customer Service Group.
- Attend Management Team meetings to take the minutes. Finalize and post each set of minutes in a timely manner.
- Organize and maintain permanent files and records for the Executive Department, including OPUC quarterly and annual reports and presentations and documenting meetings and other correspondence with key stakeholders in Energy Trust’s Strategic Relationship Management system utilizing Microsoft CRM.
- Track completion of follow-up items stemming from Executive Director meetings, speeches, conferences and other activities and events.
- Develop and maintain the Executive pages on Energy Trust’s internal SharePoint site.
- Assist with set up and distribution of packets for Conservation Advisory Council and Renewables Advisory Council meetings.
- Assist Office Management with employee conference registration and travel arrangements.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual organizational calendar, capturing major cross-functional responsibilities and initiatives.
- Serve as a backup for the Office Manager responsibilities, not limited to: supporting the front desk in a prompt and professional manner, purchasing office supplies, coordinating vendors for facility maintenance as needed, and reconciling credit card statements to ensure they have proper documentation and authorization.
- Serve as a backup for the Administration Manager in their support of the Energy Trust Board of Directors, not limited to: assisting with the preparation of board packets, providing logistical support for board member travel and hotel accommodations, maintaining board member binders, and facilitating any engagements between the board of directors and the Executive Director.
- Perform all other special projects and administrative duties as requested.
- Perform all job functions in a safe manner.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. However, Energy Trust supports a high school internship program, and this position will, on occasion, be called upon to support and guide high school interns placed with Energy Trust.
- At least 2 years of Experience using Microsoft Outlook to schedule meetings, organize events and maintain complex schedules and calendars for multiple staff members, preferably at the executive level.
- At least 2 years of experience supporting office management operations.
- Highly effective and efficient organization skills, including exceptional ability to manage scheduling demands and determining and executing work priorities.
- Ability to exercise initiative and excellent independent judgment and discretion in confidential settings and handling confidential information.
- Highly professional demeanor, personal performance standards, and accountability.
- Proven customer service orientation.
- Ability to work both independently and as a supportive, contributing team member.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment, including ability to work well under pressure and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Excellent, demonstrated oral and written communication skills, including grammar, proof-reading, and editing abilities.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and CRM and web research.
- Skilled in using the advanced features of Microsoft Outlook.
The above information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
- Compensation commensurate with skills and experience.
- Competitive benefits package.
- Applications accepted until position is filled.
Qualified individuals please submit cover letter, resume, and application to email@example.com.
Attn: Senior Administrative Assistant
Energy Trust of Oregon is an Equal Opportunity Employer that highly values diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace.