GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
The Accounting Manager is responsible for the smooth day to day operation of the accounting department; supervises accounts payable, general ledger, revenue recognition, cost allocation, reconciliations, month-end processes and grant reporting. The Accounting Manager will prepare the organization for the audit each year, and will support budget development and financial report preparation in a highly collaborative environment. The Accounting Manager is responsible for maintaining and updating the system of internal controls and work instructions, and providing internal control training and support to staff across the organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations and ensure accounting staff are properly trained and supported, that work instructions are up to date and that there exists sufficient backup and cross training to ensure redundancies in every critical operation.
- Supervise accounts payable process from invoice posting and payment preparation through 1099 reporting and vendor and contract spend analysis.
- Implement and monitor the month, quarter and year-end closeout accounting schedules.
- Maintain and update the system of internal controls and work instructions, monitor the effectiveness of internal controls and advise the director of finance on any action items needing attention. Reinforce Energy Trust policies with staff across the organization.
- Plan and coordinate the annual audit and tax return preparation. Communicate progress to the director of finance, verify statements in the audit report, and follow up on any financial management letter recommendations.
- Monitor emerging technology and accounting best practices to improve efficiencies in all accounting work streams.
- Collaborate with others in the finance team to ensure accounting is well integrated with other finance processes such as budget, payroll, and financial reporting and analysis.
- Perform all functions of the job in a safe manner.
- Manage a team of professional staff performing accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field. CPA licensure or advanced business degree preferred.
- Minimum 8 years’ relevant accounting experience with 3 years in a supervisory capacity
- Project management experience preferred.
- Great Plains or similar mid-market ERP system experience.
- Must be a proficient, innovative and multi-tasking accounting professional who is able to perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Customer service skills and experience. Must be able to interact with a diverse workforce and be comfortable working in culturally diverse settings and groups.
- Strong working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Significant non-profit and grant accounting preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication abilities.
The above information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
- Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
- Competitive benefits package.
- Applications accepted until position is filled.
Qualified individuals please submit cover letter, resume, and application to email@example.com.
Attn: Accounting Manager
Energy Trust of Oregon is an equal opportunity employer that highly values diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Energy Trust of Oregon is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to energy efficiency and renewable energy development. We serve Oregon customers of Portland General Electric, Pacific Power, NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas, Avista and SW Washington customers of NW Natural. In 2017, Energy Trust was recognized as one of the 100 Best Nonprofits to Work for in Oregon.
Energy Trust is committed to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create a culturally attentive organization by reaching out to diverse candidates who will contribute a range of perspectives, experiences, skills and ideas to how we work, our programs and our services to best serve, reach and reflect the rich diversity of the customers we serve.