Pay Grade: M-6
Develops strategic direction and program initiatives including creation, implementation, and evaluation of commercial, industrial and residential marketing and energy efficiency programs. Assesses and performs gap analyses to determine, design and deliver education, training, trade ally engagement and marketing assistance to member system staff and end-consumers. Provides leadership, resources and support to enhance member services across programs and partnerships.
- Provides leadership, assistance and support across commercial, industrial and residential daily priorities including demand response and energy efficiency program assessment, design, implementation, and management while achieving program milestones and goals.
- Administers energy efficiency incentive programs including:
Design of individual measure policies, procedures and standards
Management of application process including delivery, receipt and processing
Records all projects and applicable data in reporting system.
- Provides evaluation, measurement and verification for program-wide and individual measures in addition to required reporting.
- Conducts research determining the feasibility, development and implementation of new program ventures including measures, training and marketing resources (i.e. marketing strategies and advertising campaigns) to support member programs including member employees, cooperative consumers, trade allies and partners.
- Encourages, assists and provides guidance to key account management staff as they work to enhance trade ally and partner relationships and engagement.
- Supports key account and member system staff efforts with co-op end use consumers to identify and achieve end consumer carbon footprint goals and objectives.
- Offers consultative expertise to key account and cooperative staff in development and implementation of individual marketing campaigns, programs, activities and resources.
- Facilitates, educates and serves as a frequent speaker at trade ally, member cooperative and industry events. Serves as DSM program spokesperson as appropriate.
- Ensures DSM program compliance with established requirements.
- Develops formal proposals, including federal grant requests, RFPs and RFQs, to support program initiatives.
- Develops collaborative relationships with state, regional, and national energy efficiency and electric cooperative organizations/committees to provide leadership and guidance while identifying DSM program best practices, industry trends, emerging technologies and techniques, and program innovations.
- Develops branded program marketing materials.
- Contributes to annual member events, the Fall Marketing and Member Services conference as well as other HE-wide programming on emerging technologies and energy efficiency.
- Travels to cooperatives and industry events to provide program support, education, training, recognition and strategic guidance.
- Authors and provides content for industry newsletters and publications.
- Manages Marketing Member Portal content.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Engineering or related area
- Master’s degree, technical certifications and Industry related background preferred
- CEM, LEED AP, PE, BPI credentials preferred
- 5 years’ progressive program development/deployment, education and training creation/delivery experience in membership, marketing or energy efficiency organization
- 10 years’ experience preferred marketing experience working in a member driven and/or cooperative organization with numerous program partners, residential, commercial and industrial DSM experience preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of demand response and energy efficient technologies in areas including: lighting, HVAC, building envelope, motors, equipment/machinery, manufacturing processes, emerging technologies, etc.
Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels and work as part of a team
- Ability to perform tasks on time and with a positive, professional attitude whether administrative or substantive and without support staff
- Ability to work independently as a highly motivated self-starter who takes initiative while motivating and supporting others
- Possess strong problem-solving/decision-making skills to identify, anticipate and resolve problems
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and able to prioritize competing tasks
- Exceptional member & customer service orientation
- Ability to effectively negotiate terms, contracts, agreements and understandings with others
- Demonstrated project management, program development and program delivery skills to include planning, resource allocation, budgeting, reporting, evaluation
- Skilled presenter, trainer, facilitator, and public speaker
- Ability to create original marketing pieces to support program initiatives
- Ability to propose measures/incentives and assist in the development of annual rebates and participation incentives which reflect industry trends and standards, and ensure overall program cost effectiveness
- Innovative, self-starter who takes initiative to identify process and program improvements department and organization-wide
Please apply online at www.hoosierenergy.com
Hoosier Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran