The primary role of the Energy Advisor position is to analyze interval (60, 30, and 15-minute) smart meter electricity data, building information, and prospective customer account information to identify low and no-cost operational and maintenance energy saving opportunities (e.g. HVAC scheduling). Once an opportunity is identified, you will engage the utility-partner business customer through email and phone calls to provide recommendations and necessary remote support for the business customers (with the support of an Energy Engineer) to implement energy reduction actions. After the customer has implemented the recommended changes, you will monitor their smart meter data and work with our internal Measurement and Verification team to confirm the immediate and continuation of savings.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Listen to and collect customer and market feedback to provide Power TakeOff’s Product Development team to enhance Power TakeOff’s service offering.
- Assist in the creation of marketing material to help generate market interest and verify savings claims
- Assist in the referral of clients to other energy efficiency programs, when applicable
Success in this role is primarily defined by:
- Energy (kWh) savings achieved
- The number of energy-saving actions taken by participants
- The level of outreach and engagement to participants
- Support for program marketing (case studies, testimonials)
- Additional contributions that benefit the team
Overall, the most successful team members are:
- Invested in making an environmental impact
- Good teammates (confer with others, improve through feedback, delegate appropriate tasks)
- Communicative (speak clearly, openly, and honestly with the goal to improve their performance and others)
- Goal-oriented (interested in working a strategy towards defined, achievable goals).
- Creative (in their approach to problem-solving)
- Patient (in the time it takes to see results)
- Flexible (ready and able to change direction)
Required Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Demonstrated ability and comfort engaging and talking with prospective clients
- Demonstrated ability managing a sales pipeline
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and keep notes and maintain systems records
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for working with data to solve problems
- Ability to work in a team environment, offering support and willingness to receive and provide feedback to achieve shared goals
- Interest in analysis and data interpretation to solve practical problems
- Proficiency using a variety of CRM systems (Salesforce, Outreach) is preferred
- Higher Education degree
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal and drug screen at random notice
- Exclusively based in Denver, Colorado office
About Power TakeOff
Power TakeOff is a software and implementation company driven by making an environmental impact by helping business customers reduce their energy consumption. Since its founding in 2007, Power TakeOff’s products and services have centered around three core competencies, which still apply today: 1) to exclusively serve and specialize in the non-residential market, 2) the use of interval (daily, hourly, 15, or 1 minute) electric data to help this market better understand and reduce usage, 3) to use software and analytics as tools to cost-effectively deliver services at utility-scale. While our end-user customers are businesses, much of our work is generated from utility-scale contracts with the likes of Xcel Energy, Southern California Edison, and ComEd, among others.
Over the past two years, Power TakeOff was quantitatively able to help its customers reduce electricity equivalent to what 2,250 houses or 70 railcars of coal use in a year. Goals for 2020 are to triple this impact, with even more upcoming opportunities to expand this impact.
We’re a fast-moving, nimble, and growing company with a need for a self-motivated energy efficiency enthusiast who enjoys helping businesses reduce energy usage. We look forward to your interest and the opportunity to get to know you.
Your Salary & Benefits
- Salary, based on experience
- Health insurance coverage through the Company’s plan with a $5 monthly co-pay
- Monthly Company Health Savings Account (HSA) contribution, up to the pro-rated IRS contribution limit
- Position starts with (pro-rated) 15 days of paid time off annually
- 9 paid vacation days
- 6 flexible well-being days
- 6 remote flex days
- 9 paid holidays
- Significant potential for growth within the company
- Retirement savings plan with company match
- Work Remote Fridays (to reduce the carbon footprint of commute)
- RTD EcoPass (to support cleaner transportation)