The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE), a leading national nonprofit research organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks an intern for its State Policy Program to assist in developing the State Energy Efficiency Scorecard, one of ACEEE’s premier publications. ACEEE acts as a catalyst to advance energy efficiency policies, programs, technologies, investments, and behaviors.
Position Description: The intern will support ACEEE’s State Policy Program, providing research and administrative support for the State Energy Efficiency Scorecard and the State and Local Policy Database. This position will support data collection efforts related to utility and state government energy efficiency programs, and may also collaborate with researchers to analyze data on transportation policies and industrial technologies. The intern will collaborate with state energy offices across the country, playing a major role in ACEEE’s contact management for the State Scorecard. The intern may also contribute to other ad-hoc state policy work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct outreach to state energy offices and utility commissions to update ACEEE’s contacts for its State Energy Efficiency Scorecard.
- Assist research efforts for the State Energy Efficiency Scorecard through support of data collections tools and strategies.
- Manage updates to the State Policy Database of state-led efficiency programs using publicly available data to document new programs and policies and edit information on outdated/altered policies.
- Assist with organization of utility data for the State Energy Efficiency Scorecard.
- Assist – as needed – with other research efforts related to state energy efficiency policy.
- Working towards a Bachelors or advanced degree in a relevant field.
- Interest in and/or experience with a range of energy efficiency policies and/or sustainability policies strongly preferred.
- Strong internet and interview-based research ability. Experience researching legislation and policy strongly preferred.
- Strong Excel skills preferred
- Strong writing and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and ability to multi-task, work efficiently, and meet deadlines.
Timing: This is a 16 week internship starting no later than February 2018. The project will require a time commitment of 15-20 hours/week.
To Apply: Please send a resume with cover letter and brief (1-2 pages) writing sample to email@example.com. Please use “State Policy Internship” in the subject header. We do not accept calls about our internships.