The City of Hartford has an exciting position open for a civil engineer with expertise in energy and the environment.
This vacancy is in the Department of Public Works. Under general supervision, provides advanced professional engineering services in the areas of investigation, location, design, construction and maintenance of engineering projects for the City's infrastructure improvements. Responsibilities for this role include:
- Preparing engineering plans, designs, and contract bid packages, including plans and specifications for City improvement projects. Providing construction management for various projects.
- Conducting research, as necessary, and gathers and analyzes factual and statistical data to provide requisitions for future planning and improvement.
- Providing programs for citywide infrastructure improvements.
- Supervising employees and/or consultants engaged in preliminary surveys, plans, and estimates for the construction or reconstruction of streets, curbs, sidewalks, and drainage improvement.
- Providing guidance to employees acting as resident engineers during construction period.
- Attending public meetings and public hearings during evening hours.
- Performing related work as required.
This is a UNION position. The hours of this position are 40 per week and the above salary includes 5% in lieu of overtime. Position is open until filled.