The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE), a leading national research organization based in Washington, DC, seeks a qualified, part-time data assistant. ACEEE is an independent, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 1980 that acts as a catalyst to advance energy efficiency policies, programs, technologies, investments, and behaviors.
ACEEE’s organizational culture is collaborative and team-oriented with a strong commitment to its mission. Staff work at an energetic pace within a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment with opportunities for professional growth and development. There is a high degree of workplace flexibility, with an emphasis on results, making ACEEE an enjoyable and fulfilling place to work.
The data assistant will work 10 – 20 hours a week helping the database coordinator process data from different sources, including Microsoft Outlook emails, business cards from staff, conference registration lists, etc. The assistant will put relevant information into spreadsheets, stored in appropriate order and format. In addition, the assistant will verify contact information, including organizations and email addresses via Google searches.
Major responsibilities include:
- Adding contact information collected by staff into spreadsheet
- Extracting updated contact information from existing folders periodically, and adding that data into spreadsheets in appropriate format
- Checking for duplicate records based on certain criteria and sending the results to the database coordinator
- Verifying organization information through Google, or other mechanisms
- In time, updating contact information in Salesforce based on staff requests
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook etc.)
- Prior database experience
- Detail-oriented with excellent data entry skills
- Problem-solving leveraging Google search
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and follow instructions as needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Basic working experience/knowledge of Salesforce is preferred
Preferred start date: on or about October 28, 2019, based in Washington, DC
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and use “Data Assistant” in the subject line. We do not accept phone calls.
Please let us know how you heard of this opening.
ACEEE is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination with regard to race, sex, color, age, religion, creed, class, sexual orientation, national origin, and disability.