Energy Trust of Oregon is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to energy efficiency and renewable energy development. We serve Oregon customers of Portland General Electric, Pacific Power, NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas and Avista and SW Washington customers of NW Natural. In 2017, Energy Trust was recognized as one of the 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon.
Energy Trust is committed to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create a culturally attentive organization by reaching out to diverse candidates who will contribute a range of perspectives, experiences, skills and ideas to how we work, our programs and our services to best serve, reach and reflect the rich diversity of the customers we serve.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
This position will provide technical project management support and review for industrial and agriculture efficiency projects in Energy Trust's Production Efficiency (PE) program. This includes review and processing of a high volume of complex custom lighting and calculated industrial efficiency projects from concept through completion. This position will provide technical and economic analyses of industrial and agriculture projects that enable business customers and the program to make good energy efficiency investment decisions and to realize promised energy savings. The Technical Project Manager works with Allied Technical Assistance Contractors (ATACs) and Program Delivery Contractor (PDC) field engineers to achieve savings by ensuring quality of technical work and compliance with program rules and policies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Technical review of energy efficiency projects at all stages of development, including lighting, custom engineering studies and calculated savings measures.
• Work directly with contractors as needed on technical issues to address concerns and facilitate successful implementation of projects.
• Assign energy studies from pool of technical analysis contractors (ATACs).
• Support and implement quality control procedures for the industrial custom and standard tracks, including technical requirements, policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Monitor project progress and support program tracking system as required to process incentive payments and to generate program tracking reports.
• Maintain close working relationships with program delivery contractors (PDCs), ATACs, vendors, and other program stakeholders.
• Maintain high realization of savings through quality project reviews.
• Incorporate market, contractor and internal feedback into continuous program improvement strategies.
• Conduct presentations as requested at seminars, trade association meetings, and other outreach events.
• Perform all functions of the job in a safe manner.
• This position may direct the work of external contractors
• Bachelor's degree in mechanical, industrial or electrical engineering, engineering management or a related discipline - or equivalent experience - required.
• Minimum of 2 to 5 years of relevant technical experience including working with industrial systems and engineering contractors.
• Demonstrated theoretical and applied knowledge of methods, practices and principles of mechanical and electrical systems and equipment.
• Technical knowledge of commercial/industrial building systems and industrial processes.
• A working understanding of energy project development and program delivery
• Ability to organize data and understand written technical instructions, procedures and documents.
• Professional, concise written and verbal communication skills
• Customer service skills required and public speaking experience preferred
• Successful experience working within multidisciplinary teams
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to direct or work with contractors
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Word software applications
The above information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
• Competitive benefits package.
• Applications accepted until position is filled.
Attn: Technical Project Manager - Industrial
Energy Trust of Oregon is an equal opportunity employer who highly values diversity and inclusion in the workplace.